New York - Stage Door Deli III

As with any tourist-y visit to New York, invariably you visit the World Trade Center site. For many, it's an emotional experience. Whether sadness or anger, this can be a tough place to visit.

Next door is St. Paul's Chapel - a picturesque church that stood largely unscathed after the collapse of the WTC towers. This is where emergency workers went to eat, relax and try to deal with the stress of their jobs for the weeks and months after the collapse. It's well worth a visit.

After you visit St. Paul's, cross Vesey Street, and step into the Stage Door Deli.

I don't know much about the deli (it's apparently family owned for 40 years), but I do know this:

They have good food, at a good price.

I ordered a breakfast plate (I'm sorry, I don't know what it was called. I pointed at something in the case that looked good. It was good.), while some of the others ordered either a sandwich or other breakfast-y food.

If you're in the area and hungry for breakfast (or lunch, or dinner), stop by Stage Door Deli and make both your belly and your wallet happy.


 - d.


Stage Door Deli III
26 Vesey St.
New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment