New York - Ferrara Bakery & Cafe

Along Grand street in Little Italy sits Ferrara Bakery & Cafe.

I don't know much about it. We came across it on our way from Chinatown through Little Italy to head back uptown Manhattan after having visited Wall Street and the Brooklyn Bridge.

What I do know about it, is that it's the first place in the US that I've had a proper Mille-feuille. I'm familiar with it from my childhood in Norway, where it's simply called Napoleon-cake. Their service isn't half bad, either. (The staff did seem a bit rushed at times, though.)

My friends ordered the Raspberry Mousse and the Tiramisu, while I shared the Trio of Miniatures with Krista. Our Trio consisted of the Mille-feuille, a Cream Puff and a Cannoli.

Based on the comments around the table (and my own tasting), I would highly recommend any of the pastries mentioned above.

I'm definitely going back here when I have an opportunity to.


 - d.

Ferrara Bakery & Cafe
195 Grand Street
New York, NY 10013-3717

No comments:

Post a Comment