Jersey City - Brownstone Diner & Pancake Factory

After landing in New Jersey and taking the exciting ride with a private taxi service to our friend Agnes' apartment in New Jersey, we headed off to breakfast. At a pancake factory.

A quick jaunt down the road, through some parks and past some of the more interesting Mexican restaurants I've seen (The name was "Bubby's Burritos"), we walked up to a nice brownstone building on the corner of Grand St. and Jersey Avenue.

My first impression was "It's busy." - we arrived during what seemed like lunch rush, but it was long after the lunch rush has ended most other places I've been. Which just goes to show that their food is good. And it really is.

So good we went back the next day.

The first day I ordered an omelet. Their menu is so big, I can't remember which one I ordered. But there was pancakes. And that's important. I think the only thing bigger than their omelet seletion, is their pancake selection - I counted 31 different pancakes you can order. Phew.

The second time we went back, I ordered some scrambled eggs with cheese and delicious sausage combination. I have no idea what it's called on the menu, but the sausages that came with it, were huge. And delicious. The meal is so big, I ended up sharing it with Krista.

And of course, there were pancakes.

If you ever find yourself in Jersey City and are looking for breakfast (or dinner, or just pancakes - no time required), head on over to the Brownstone. You won't regret it.


- d.

Brownstone Diner & Pancake Factory
426 Jersey Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07302

No comments:

Post a Comment